Reporting Uninsured Employers to the State

August 24, 2015

The law in N.J. requires that all employers, not covered by Federal programs, have workers' compensation coverage or be approved for self-insurance.  


If you are aware of an uninsured employer or you were hurt on the job and you find out that your employer does not have insurance, you may provide this information to the Office of Special Compensation Funds by email , by calling (609) 292-0165 or by completing a "Report of Non-Compliance Form" You are not required to identify yourself but at the very least, you should provide the name and address of the employer and, if possible, the names of the owners or principle operators of the business.  

There can be criminal penalties for employers who do not carry the required insurance for their employees.   We have represented both uninsured employers' as well as employees injured while working for these employers. Under either scenario, we have an extensive amount of experience dealing with these issues.


If you have any questions related to insurance or injured employees, please call us or email any time, our consultations are always free and confidential. 


Please reload

Featured Posts

There are times when your employer does not cooperate with you after you are hurt on the job. This is a fairly common in N.J. The employer's lack of c...

Uncooperative Employers

October 6, 2015

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload



John J. Feczko, P.C.

303 Molnar Drive

Elmwood Park, NJ 07407



  • Facebook Clean Grey
  • Google+ Clean Grey




© 2019 John J. Feczko, P.C.. All Rights Reserved.