top of page

Reporting Uninsured Employers to the State

The law in N.J. requires that all employers, not covered by Federal programs, have workers' compensation coverage or be approved for self-insurance.

If you are aware of an uninsured employer or you were hurt on the job and you find out that your employer does not have insurance, you may provide this information to the Office of Special Compensation Funds by email , by calling (609) 292-0165 or by completing a "Report of Non-Compliance Form" You are not required to identify yourself but at the very least, you should provide the name and address of the employer and, if possible, the names of the owners or principle operators of the business.

There can be criminal penalties for employers who do not carry the required insurance for their employees. We have represented both uninsured employers' as well as employees injured while working for these employers. Under either scenario, we have an extensive amount of experience dealing with these issues.

If you have any questions related to insurance or injured employees, please call us or email any time, our consultations are always free and confidential.

bottom of page